I am so excited to welcome you to the NSNA Leadership University Honor Society website.
The Honor Society recognizes NSNA members who participate in leadership activities at the school chapter, state association and NSNA nationally. This can mean being an active member of a school, state, and/or national: Board of Directors; chair or member of a committee/team; SNA project/activity involvement; Project InTouch Recruiter; state or national delegate or annual meeting representative; resolution author; candidate for office; or other leadership involvement as deemed appropriate by the SNA.
The goal of the Honor Society is to prepare future nurse leaders. As students transition to graduate nurses, they will be prepared to participate in shared governance where they begin their nursing career as well as in professional nursing and community organizations.
NSNA membership is required. However, there are no additional dues, and no GPA requirements. Simply include your leadership involvement on the Honor Society application. Your faculty advisor or state consultant will be asked to validate the application.
All Honor Society members receive a Leadership University patch and Certificate of Recognition. Honor Society pins and cords are available for purchase.
Many thanks to the members of the Honor Society who attended the 70th Anniversary Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, April 6-10, 2022. The image below is the inaugural 2022 class of NSNA Leadership University Honor Society Members!
Kyle Loose, 2021-2022 President
National Student Nurses' Association
- All NSNA members are invited to launch their Professional Identity Formation in Nursing through participation in the inaugural NSNA Leadership University Honor Society. Enroll in the Honor Society by participating in leadership at the school, state, or national level. You will qualify by serving in a leadership position (i.e., elected or appointed to the Board of Directors, chapter committees, and participation in projects/activities as determined by your chapter) and attending state association and NSNA virtual and/or live meetings. Not a member? Join now.
The purposes of NSNA Leadership U are to:
- Link NSNA participation in professional values development and professional identity formation in nursing;
- Develop competencies that future leaders and managers need to provide for the health care needs of society;
- Guide student learning in shared governance;
- Validate that learning has taken place;
- Provide formal recognition by inducting NSNA members who participate in leadership and management skill development into the NSNA Leadership U Honor Society;
- Assist students in developing a professional curriculum vitae and online portfolio;
- Create opportunities for mentor-protégé relationships and peer networks for development and growth;
- Recognize faculty who support student participation in NSNA leadership activities with a personalized certificate.
- The Honor Society application must be completed and verified by faculty advisor or state consultant for induction into the Honor Society.