Participate in the Nsna treasurer project
As an NSNA leader, you'll learn and practice essential leadership skills by participating in the Fiduciary Responsibility or Role of Treasurer Project. The role of an association treasurer is important to the fiscal health and fiduciary accountability of an association. Become familiar with the intricacies of financial reporting, the budgetary process, revenue and expenses, statement reporting, bank reconciliation, cash control procedures, IRS filing requirements, and NSNA policies.
- Serve as a member of the chapter's Leadership Team (i.e., Board of Directors/Executive Board);
- Accomplish the goals and objectives of the Treasurer Project.
By participating in the treasurer project, you will be able to:
- List your leadership attributes;
- Explain the complex role that fiduciary responsibility plays in associations and organizations;
- Define the role of the volunteer within the team structure.
treasurer learning objectives
finance committee responsibilities*
Chairs the Finance Committee: The work of the Finance Committee includes reviewing and making recommendations to the Board on the annual operating and capital budgets; reviews investment guidelines of the association; monitors trends in finances and proposals for new products and services for the association.
Strategic plan of the finance committee and treasurer*
- Generate sufficient funds to ensure fiscal stability and growth.
- Ongoing examination and updating/improvement of financial reporting and record keeping systems.
- Exercise due diligence to maintain an operating reserve of at least 50 percent of the annual operating budget.
- Monitor and maintain fiscal operations to ensure full compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Efficient utilization of resources: Ensure that the resources, particularly human resources, are adequate and properly allocated to meet technological changes and challenges of he marketplace (entails hiring and training of relevant staff).
- Adopt fiscally conservative annual operating budget to meet the needs of the organization while operating within approved budget.
- Maintain resources to fund technology.
Copyright © 2021